スキップしてメイン コンテンツに移動

Free Breakfast for All Students in Arkansas





 Starting next school year, all public school students in Arkansas will get free breakfast — no matter how much their families earn. The new law, signed in February 2025, is meant to help kids focus better in class and make sure no one goes hungry in the morning.

 It’ll cost the state about $14.7 million a year. Supporters say it’s worth it — better food means better learning, fewer absences, and happier kids.

 Compared to Japan, it’s a bit different. Some places in Japan do offer free lunches, but not everywhere. Arkansas is taking a big step. And maybe, Japan and the U.S. can learn a bit from each other.

https://www.ishes.org/happy_news/2025/hpy_id003640.html


コメント

  1. I thought it was great that they were targeting all elementary schools in that state.

    返信削除
  2. I thought it would be nice if Japanese schools had such a system.

    返信削除
  3. I think USA is more advanced than Japan in terms of supporting children.

    返信削除
  4. This is a very important step to reduce inequality, and I felt it is good that everyone gets the same treatment regardless of income.

    返信削除
  5. I don't always eat breakfast, so I thought I could live a regular life if I had this system.

    返信削除

コメントを投稿

このブログの人気の投稿

Algae Kitty – Cute Meets Sustainability at Expo 2025

  At Expo 2025 Osaka, the Japan Pavilion features a special exhibit called “Algae Kitty.” It shows 32 Hello Kitty figures designed to look like different types of algae. Each Kitty has a unique shape and color, making the exhibit fun and eye-catching.  The goal is to teach visitors about the many uses of algae – from food and fuel to plastics and medicine. By using Hello Kitty, a familiar and beloved character, the exhibit makes science and sustainability easier to understand.  This kind of approach is fresh and creative. It grabs attention and spreads awareness in a fun way. I think it’s a smart and effective way to promote environmental ideas.

What I learned from the lecture by Mrs. Tomomi Duquette.

 Mrs. Tomomi Duquette is passionate about using sake to share Japanese culture with the world. Through her project “Niigata Sake Lovers,” she not only promotes sake but also involves people from different countries in rice farming and sake brewing. Her ideas go beyond business—they are about connecting people and traditions. What impressed me most was how she turned her vision into reality. She studied hard to understand sake deeply, left her company to follow her dream, and worked step by step to create a global sake community. Her efforts finally led her to win the Mrs. SAKE Japan 2024 Grand Prix.  One of the most memorable parts of her story was her focus on sustainability. She encourages the use of eco-bags instead of plastic and promotes choosing local sake over imported drinks. These actions may seem small, but they show how we can make conscious choices that help the environment. Inspired by this, I want to create a company in our group project that can contribute, eve...

KFC leftover chicken

  At KFC, unsold chicken is not thrown away, but instead is being reused as food. This initiative began in 2019 and has now expanded to approximately 500 locations in 14 prefectures across the country. Any chicken left over at the stores is frozen on the same day and delivered to children's cafeterias and other locations via food banks. Once delivered, the chicken is thawed and cooked at the recipient locations, and remade into dishes such as curry, stews, and oyakodon (chicken and egg rice bowls). This reduces food waste and contributes to the local community. I think that if a big company like KFC takes on such an initiative, it will help promote the initiative and save many children and people. I thought that other companies might be doing similar initiatives, so I decided to look into it. https://toyokeizai.net/articles/-/877764?page=2