スキップしてメイン コンテンツに移動

Raising the retirement age to 70

 Raising the retirement age to 70 is necessary in Japan’s aging society. As of 2023, the average healthy life expectancy is 72.7 for men and 75.4 for women, meaning many people can still work after 65. Japan’s labor force is shrinking—by 2040, it is expected to fall by over 10 million. In a 2022 survey, more than 70% of workers in their 60s said they want to keep working. Extending the retirement age can help solve labor shortages and allow seniors to stay active. 

 I believe this change is practical and positive for both individuals and society.


https://www.advance-news.co.jp/news/2024/05/post-4490.html?utm_source=chatgpt.com



コメント

  1. I was surprised that there were more senior people working part-time than I thought.

    返信削除
  2. There is a labor shortage due to the declining birthrate and aging population, so extending the retirement age would help to alleviate the labor shortage and reduce the burden on young people. Therefore, I think that extending the retirement age should be considered.

    返信削除
  3. I learned for the first time that the healthy life expectancy in Japan is long. However, I am worried about whether I will be able to work in good health when I reach that age.

    返信削除

コメントを投稿

このブログの人気の投稿

Algae Kitty – Cute Meets Sustainability at Expo 2025

  At Expo 2025 Osaka, the Japan Pavilion features a special exhibit called “Algae Kitty.” It shows 32 Hello Kitty figures designed to look like different types of algae. Each Kitty has a unique shape and color, making the exhibit fun and eye-catching.  The goal is to teach visitors about the many uses of algae – from food and fuel to plastics and medicine. By using Hello Kitty, a familiar and beloved character, the exhibit makes science and sustainability easier to understand.  This kind of approach is fresh and creative. It grabs attention and spreads awareness in a fun way. I think it’s a smart and effective way to promote environmental ideas.

What I learned from the lecture by Mrs. Tomomi Duquette.

 Mrs. Tomomi Duquette is passionate about using sake to share Japanese culture with the world. Through her project “Niigata Sake Lovers,” she not only promotes sake but also involves people from different countries in rice farming and sake brewing. Her ideas go beyond business—they are about connecting people and traditions. What impressed me most was how she turned her vision into reality. She studied hard to understand sake deeply, left her company to follow her dream, and worked step by step to create a global sake community. Her efforts finally led her to win the Mrs. SAKE Japan 2024 Grand Prix.  One of the most memorable parts of her story was her focus on sustainability. She encourages the use of eco-bags instead of plastic and promotes choosing local sake over imported drinks. These actions may seem small, but they show how we can make conscious choices that help the environment. Inspired by this, I want to create a company in our group project that can contribute, eve...

KFC leftover chicken

  At KFC, unsold chicken is not thrown away, but instead is being reused as food. This initiative began in 2019 and has now expanded to approximately 500 locations in 14 prefectures across the country. Any chicken left over at the stores is frozen on the same day and delivered to children's cafeterias and other locations via food banks. Once delivered, the chicken is thawed and cooked at the recipient locations, and remade into dishes such as curry, stews, and oyakodon (chicken and egg rice bowls). This reduces food waste and contributes to the local community. I think that if a big company like KFC takes on such an initiative, it will help promote the initiative and save many children and people. I thought that other companies might be doing similar initiatives, so I decided to look into it. https://toyokeizai.net/articles/-/877764?page=2